1 March 2014

REVLON COLOURBURST MATTE BALM / REVIEW

Happy Saturday! I hope you're all having a lovely weekend!! :)
Recently I seemed to have ran out of all my make-up essentials, how does this happen? I ran out of mascara, eye liner, concealer and powder all at once!! Luckily for me Boots were having a 3 for 2 offer mix & match on all brands, even including hair, beauty and skincare! Bonus! So yeah, I went a little bit crazy... How could I resist? Especially on pay day! So what I really wanted to rave about today was the Revlon Colour Burst Matte Balms! I am already a massive fan of their Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains, especially the colour "Cherish Devotion". So when these caught my eye I had to have a little peek at them, that little peek turning into buying all three shades (oopysy!)
All three shades are so wearable. A lot of the time I like to wear a bold lip and keep the rest of my make-up minimalistic, which is why I love the first and third shade. Especially now we are entering Spring, I like to add a bright pop of colour to my look. The second shade I think is the perfect nude colour, as I have such fair skin I find it so hard to find a nude lipstick that doesn't wash me out too much, but this does the complete opposite.
245 "Audacious"
205 "Elusive Insaisissable"
220 "Showy Flamboyante"
I thought I would find it hard to apply the colour as the product is described as "matte", but I couldn't have been more wrong, the formula is so smooth and silky. They are also incredibly pigmented, you only need one layer of colour to create an opaque finish. The colour dries as matte without leaving your lips feeling dry, with other matte lip products I find after a few hours my lips feel rough and uncomfortable. I applied the coral colour at 8 o'clock before work to test how long lasting the formula was, then when I arrived home just after 4 o'clock my lips still appeared full. (see image below).
Considering these lips took a lot of damage of several cups of tea, breakfast and lunch I really can't complain, 8  hours is a long damn time! (and I drink a lot of tea!!). Without making you guys feel uncomfortable... I love the fact I can greet my boyfriend with a kiss without leaving him looking as if he is also wearing my lipstick!! I am forever rubbing off the remainder of colour with other products. For £7.99 each I am super happy with all three shades, particularly when I'm only paying for the price of two! I know I am going to get a lot of wear from these beauties throughout Spring and Summer :)

Love From
L x

No comments:

Post a Comment